Call now : 740-474-8558
Periodontics is a dental specialty that involves treatment of the areas around your teeth - gums, jaw bones, and tissue.
You can compare it to the foundation of a house - a strong foundation to your teeth is critical to maintaining your dental health. Periodontists are specialists who receive three years of advanced training following completion of dental school.
This training gives them special expertise in treating gum diseases, bone loss, inflammation, and placing dental implants.
A Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology is a periodontist who completes additional testing and continuing education to receive board certification.
Before and After Lip Repositioning Surgery
When do you need to see a Periodontist?
Many people seek a periodontist when their primary dentist refers them. However we encourage you to contact us immediately if you notice any of these warning signs of periodontal problems:
- Bleeding or painful Gums
- Red, swollen, or tender Gums
- Gums pulling away from teeth (teeth appear to be growing longer)Persistent bad breath
- Changes in your bite pattern
- Partial dentures don't fit anymore
- Need a dental implant (rather than dentures)
- Need a tooth extracted
- Uncovery of a tooth that has problem erupting.
- Need to know whether a damaged tooth can be saved